The IPS Beacon is a data acquisition, logging, and visual alert device that is designed to monitor vibration (x-y-z axes) in addition to temperature. Constructed of 316L stainless steel and mounted on top of the bearing housing, the IPS Beacon is standard equipment on the Durco Mark 3 ANSI, Durco Mark 3 ISO and the PolyChem S-series of chemical process pump. Key features include:
- Three-axes vibration sensor – to measure against overall vibration reading in either acceleration, 0-10 g, or velocity, 0-25 mm/s (0-1 in/s), peak or RMS
- Temperature sensor – to measure readings from -40 C to 93 C (-40 F to 200 F)
- 14-day fault indication – to provide extended visual notification of an alert condition even if monitored levels return to normal
- User configurable to adjust reading intervals and alarms points, as well as options for Take-Away Memory to expand logging capability for up to one year of readings.
- Easy retrofit capability – can provide a low-cost condition monitoring solution to large populations of rotating equipment and can be installed into hazardous zone areas.
“It is estimated less than 10 percent of pump failures are attributed to normal bearing wear and fatigue, meaning almost all bearing failures are avoidable,” said Rob Miller, director and general manager, Services & Solutions Operations, Flowserve. “With the IPS Beacon, Flowserve customers can receive an early warning notification, allowing them to take proactive measures to extend L10 bearing life to the ISO/ASME ‘design rating’ and beyond. In addition, early detection and correction of vibration and temperature issues can extend the life of the mechanical seal and the pump.”
The IPS Beacon is designed to transform from a local monitoring and alert system to a remote communications device by integrating into a Flowserve IPS Wireless™ Series 103 multi-point device. With this integration, the IPS Beacon sensor data can be sent wirelessly, allowing the user instant access to information without physically standing at the pump. For more information, please visit www.flowserve.com/IPSBeacon.